The holiday season is a time for reflection and thanks. While we have many things to be thankful for at LearnLaunch, we’ve compiled a list of five of our favorites. Have other things you’re thankful for? Let us know in the comments below!
Without further ado, here are 5 things we’re thankful for this holiday season:
- Our Community: Since LearnLaunch came into existence a little over two years ago, we have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support for an edtech community in the Boston area. We never imagined just how much we would expand (to over 5,000 people and growing!) in such a short time. We are thankful that we get to share your successes, failures, and growth opportunities as you create products and services that help students engage more with learning and teach them the skills they need to be successful adults.
- Wi-Fi: Think of all the times you are able to stay in touch, do your holiday shopping, or learn a new language, all while waiting in line for coffee, on a train, or in a public place. Wi-fi has enabled us to get more done faster and provides us with learning at our fingertips. Wi-fi has also allowed edtech startups to build tools for the classroom of the future that allow students to enhance their learning experience through the lens of multimedia, mobile apps, and personalized learning.
- Mentors: No one has ever achieved greatness on their own or as the African proverb goes: It takes a village to raise a child. We all have mentors who have guided us along the way to achieving our goals, from helping a student learn a new concept to raising the next round of funding for an edtech startup. When was the last time you reached out to those who have helped you get to where you are today to remind them how grateful you are for their presence in your life? Sending a holiday card or picking up the phone can go a long way. Take the time to say thanks to your mentors this holiday season.
- Students: At the end of the day, everyone in edtech is here for one reason: to help students learn and achieve their goals. Take some time to let them know that you appreciate them so they can continue to grow and thrive in new learning environments. Reflect on how you can continue to serve them when you return from vacation.
- Union Square Donuts: Everyone at LearnLaunch loves donuts, especially the unique flavors that Union Square Donuts offers. We are thankful for their delivery service and that some of us live close enough to occasionally bring them into the office. We are also thankful that they made a limited edition Eggnog Bavarian Cream donut just in time for the holiday season – even if you don’t like donuts, who doesn’t love eggnog?
Want to learn more about what edtech entrepreneurs, educators, investors, and students are thankful for this year? Join them at the 3rd annual LearnLaunch Conference Across Boundaries: Delivering on Edtech’s Promise on January 23-24! LearnLaunch is bringing together leading edtech experts to discuss what products are currently delivering on edtech’s promise. Panel topics will cover issues related to school pilots, student privacy, student data, and more. Reserve your spot before it’s too late!